Tuesday, February 7, 2012

17th Annual Scottish Highland Games & Celtic Festival

This guy wanted a photo of his girlfriend
and a cow. I daren't ask why.
This past Saturday I wandered around the Scottish Highland Games & Celtic Festival being held at the Sarasota Fairgrounds. I'm not Scottish (I think I am perhaps one-fourth Irish, through a grandmother who died 40 years before I was born) and I'd never been to this particular event before, but I thought it might make a fun afternoon out. Indeed it was! I met lots of nice folks, many of whom were researching their heritage, took plenty of pictures, and heard some very lively music by Albannach, a Scottish tribal drumming band. I even bought myself a present of a little silver Kells knot design pendant and a ring. I also came home with some delicious blueberry scones which I have been having for breakfast ever since, and some Empire Biscuits, which barely lasted out the weekend! So it was a very good day out all in all.
Albannach onstage.

HERE is a link to my best pics of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment