Monday, December 7, 2009

New beaded scissors fob

Made a little present for my big sis for Christmas. While she was here I asked her to select the beads and colors she liked so I could make her an item and she suggested that I make a scissors fob once she saw the one I'd made for myself. I was happy to oblige. There will also be a little something else in her package, but I haven't finished that yet. ;) I hope to get things done and mailed in time for the holiday! At this rate it may be a race to the finish.

Still working on my Mary Wigham reproduction sampler, as my hands permit me. Even though I love working on it because of all the different motifs my progress has been very slow. Too few hours in the day for these things! I've been sticking mostly to the color palette provided, but have occasionally made changes here and there. I've also collected many of the images that other stitchers have provided to Needleprint so that I can compare their revisions and see what I should like to incorporate into my own version. For example, I have already decided to use my own family's initials on the piece, but as I intend to stitch those last it may be many months before I get to that point. :)

Side note: I STILL haven't found that favorite pair of embroidery scissors that I lost a month ago! I may yet break down and get myself a pair of 4-inch Gingher scissors if they never reappear.

No comments:

Post a Comment